Principal Programmer Analyst/Programmer Analyst
Harlow, UK
Requisition No.: 38370

Basic Qualifications
BSc (Hons) (or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, or similar
scientific/numerate subject, with related experience in programming roles.
Advanced SASŪ skills are essential.

Preferred Qualifications
BSc or MSc in Statistics (or equivalent) with related programming
experience within the Pharmaceutical, CRO or medical environment is
desirable.

Details
GlaxoSmithKline is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and
healthcare companies, with statisticians and programmers working in
Research and Development at UK and US sites. We currently have a vacancy
at our Harlow site for a Programmer Analyst to join our neurosciences
portfolio.

As a key member of a global team you will be working alongside medical
statisticians and other Programmer Analysts and directly interacting with
clinical, regulatory, and commercial customer groups.

The scope of the role within our neurosciences portfolio will include
performing and co-ordinating analysis and reporting activities for phase
II-IV clinical trials, encompassing work from study set-up through to
major regulatory submission activities within the US and EU. It may also
include the provision of programming support for commercial activities and
regulatory agencies outside the US/EU. Reviewing protocols, Case Report
Forms and Reporting and Analysis Plans, specifying structure and content
of reporting datasets, developing and testing SAS programs and producing
summary statistics in the form of tables, listings and graphics are all
key activities encompassed within the role.

The successful candidate should have a proven ability to co-ordinate
reporting activities conducted by other programming personnel across
multiple sites and/or CROs. An ability to guide team members and aid them
in troubleshooting are also required attributes for this position. You
should be able to work independently and also as part of a cross
functional team, ensuring appropriate quality control and validation of
work to meet regulatory requirements.  Ability to communicate effectively
both verbally and in writing, along with good influencing and negotiation
skills are also required attributes for this role

For applicants with a statistical background, the role may also encompass
writing of Reporting and Analysis Plans, input to study design activities
such as sample size generation, and performing statistical analysis
programming/validation.

When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line
application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this
role, as outlined in the job requirements above.  Thank you for your
interest in this opportunity. The information that you have provided in
your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.

Closing Date for Applications: 30th November 2006

To Apply:
At GlaxoSmithKline we provide a supportive working environment, and a
range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer
competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to
retain the very best. For confidential consideration and efficient
processing, please apply online via our career pages at www.gsk.com.
Enter requisition number 38370 to be taken directly to this vacancy.