Hello,

I am currently recruiting for a Senior Statistician to be based in Swindon, working for a leading Market Research company.

Please see the job spec below and reply if you are interested.

Many thanks

Location: Swindon
Salary: ŁNEG
Job type: Permanent

Description: Are you looking for an opening to take your career to leadership level in a varied and challenging sphere, offering the potential for rapid and stimulating professional and personal development? If you are, this could be your opportunity.

My client is a leading international research based consultancy offering innovative approaches to solving water and environmental management problems, with a well established reputation for applying statistics to produce effective and efficient solutions for regulatory, utility and industrial clients.

As part of our succession planning, we wish to recruit a Senior Statistician with the skills, ambition and drive to become our leading statistician within a limited time.

The successful candidate will initially work alongside our two Principal Statisticians, who have established strong reputations within our client base. By doing so, the person appointed will gain familiarity with the diversity of our statistical work, establish their own relationships with our clients, and prepare for fast track progression to the leadership role.

With over ten years experience in using statistical techniques to help provide sound and practical solutions, preferably in a consulting environment, you will have the ability to develop non-standard or customised statistical routines in Visual Basic, and be familiar with at least one general statistical package (e.g. SPSS, SAS or GenStat).

But in addition to excellent technical skills and a track record of applying statistical techniques successfully to real-life problems, you will also need to be able to demonstrate:

·the capacity to lead and manage major statistical commissions, working directly with clients;

·the ability to lead and develop a small team of graduates in providing statistical support to a wide range of projects; and

·written and oral communication skills of a high order, and in particular the ability to convey complex statistical concepts lucidly to non-statisticians.

In return, my client offers a competitive salary, commensurate with the qualifications, experience and qualities needed for this fast track career path. This is complemented by a range of benefits including a targeted performance payment, 25 days holiday, a money purchase pension scheme, sports & social subsidies and a subsidised staff restaurant.

Best Regards,

Kate McDermott
Consultant - Marketing Division

 BLUE PELICAN GROUP
DDI:	+44 (0) 	870 427 0029
Tel:  	+44 (0)	870 427 0011
Fax: 	+44 (0)	870 427 0012
 www.bluepelicangroup.com

Carriage House, Grosvenor Road,
Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 2AX
Blue Pelican Group provide a professional and ethical recruitment service. It is our policy not to distribute any candidate information without prior consent from the candidate.
All information in this email transmission, including financial and numerical information, is strictly private and confidential, and subject to change, correction and completion. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email and all attachments immediately. This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential or privileged information or both. If you are not the intended recipient, any reliance on, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or attachments is strictly prohibited.

We have checked for viruses, but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system. We do not accept liability for any damage you sustain as a result of a virus introduced by this email or any attachment, and you are advised to use up-to-date virus checking software. We do not guarantee any email transmission to be secure or error free.

Blue Pelican reserves the right to monitor emails in accordance with the Lawful Business Practice Regulations and the Data Protection Act. Senders of messages shall be taken to consent to the monitoring and recording of emails addressed to our employees.