Please bring this to the attention of potential applicants

Deborah Ashby

Research Fellow
Epidemiologist, statistician/ psychologist, social scientist

Centre for Psychiatry.
Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine.

We seek to appoint a quantitative social scientist, epidemiologist or
statistician to conduct quantitative research on the associations between
education and mental health in the RELACHS Study as part of an ESRC funded,
multi-disciplinary study on Sources of Resilience to Adverse Social
Environments, based in the departments of Psychiatry and Geography at QMUL.
It will build on our existing quantitative work examining the health and
educational aspirations of adolescents in disadvantaged inner city
environments.  We are inviting applications from suitably qualified
candidates in sociology, epidemiology and statistics or psychology.
Candidates are expected to have advanced training in quantitative
methodologies, and will hold an MSc or equivalent degree.  Knowledge and
experience of research on one of the following will also be necessary:
mental health and well being; educational aspiration/attainment, or
resilience.  Experience of research involving adolescents will also be an
advantage.

Appointment will be made on the RA1A scale. Salary will be in the range of
£22,178 to £32,136 per annum pro rata including London Allowance, depending
on qualifications and experience. The appointment will be for 9 months
starting 1st June 2006, or as soon as possible thereafter.

Enquiries about the posts can be made to Professor Stephen Stansfeld; email
[log in to unmask] or telephone 020 7882 2031.

For an application pack, please contact our 24 hour recruitment line on 020
7882 6149 or e-mail [log in to unmask] Alternatively please visit the
Human Resources website on
http://www.admin.qmul.ac.uk/humanresources/vacancies/

Your application should be returned by 19th May 2006 quoting reference
number 06159/CD and be addressed to: Recruitment Team, Campus Management
Recruitment Office, The Lodge House, Charterhouse Square, London, EC1M 6BQ.

Interviews are likely to take place on the 25th May.

Promoting excellence in teaching, learning and research
Working towards equal opportunities