If you take the log10 of an explanatory variable, the estimated effect
will be the effect of a 10-fold increase in the original variable, if
you take the log2, it will be the effect of a doubling, and if you take
natural log it will the effect of a 2.718282-fold increase in the
original vaiable. The latter is difficult to sell in publications...

Best,
Bendix
----------------------
Bendix Carstensen