I have a vacancy for a summer worker.  Anyone interested should send me a
cv quoting reference QESUMMER.  The vacancy lasts three months and the
salary is £5.60 an hour for a thirty six hour week (£201.60 a week).  This
vacancy would ideally suit an undergraduate (or a graduate about to embark
on a postgraduate course) in mathematics or statistics or some other
quantitative discipline.

The job is located at Syngenta's (see www.syngenta.com) Jealott's Hill
Research Centre, about two miles north of Bracknell on the Maidenhead road,
where we employ about 1000 research and support staff.  The job itself is
in our Quantitative Ecology Team which includes both statisticians and
ecological modellers.  The person appointed will work on a variety of
statistical and modelling problems, work with data bases and have access to
excellent software and computing facilities.