I apologise for cross posting and for some reason a belief that an original
message did not reach the list

STATISTICS AND GAMBLING
Meeting of the General Applications  Section
Tuesday  November 7th   2.00-5.30 pm at the Society
12 Errol Street, London, EC1Y 8LX

The speakers are
David Forrest (University of Salford), MODELLING SALES OF LOTTO AND SIMILAR
GAMES: Johnnie Johnson, Ray O'Brien, Jean-Francis Bozetto
(University of Southampton) THE IMPACT OF EVOLVING AND SPORADICALLY
CHANGING INFORMATION ON SUBJECTIVE PROBABILITY JUDGMENTS IN A FINANCIAL
MARKET: Oliver Johnson University of Bristol)GAMBLING AND INFORMATION
THEORY

The meeting is open to all and free of charge. For more information please
contact Professor Antony Fielding:  [log in to unmask] : A flyer with
abstracts of talks is available in request

Antony Fielding
Professor of  Social and Educational Statistics
Department of Economics
University of Birmingham ,
United Kingdom

Honorary Visiting Fellow
Centre for Multilevel Modelling
Graduate School of Education
University of Bristol

Joint Editor, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A
(Statistics in Society)

Address:  Department of Economics, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15
2TT , UK
Telephone numbers
           0121-414-6649 ( university direct)
          0121-414-6640 ( dept office)
          0121-414-7377 ( university fax)
          0121 -449-7986  or 0121 -246-2932 ( home)
          01479 831649 (Boat of Garten)
          07710-196121( mobile)
email : [log in to unmask] or alternatively
(note carefully spelling of my christian name-- along with Lord Snowdon and
a few others I have no 'h' in it)

web page : www.economics.bham.ac.uk/people/fieldingt.htm