Hi,

I have a problem I am finding difficult to find a solution to and would I be
grateful for your help.

Problem:

There are 4 possible outcomes, Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4. Each outcome has an equal
chance of being selected and the same outcome can be selected an infinite
number of times. I would like to now what the probability is of selecting Q3
and Q4 for any given number of selections.

For example If I have two selections then the probability of getting Q3 and
Q4 = 2/16. Because there are 16 possible scenarios and only two of them have
Q3 and Q4 in them. When Q3 and Q4 are drawn is not important, Q3 does not
have to be drawn before Q4 and visa versa.

I have worked out for three selections that the probability of Q3 and Q4
being selected = 18/64.

But I need a formula for n selections?

Thanks

Jamie