Apologies for cross-posting.

We would like to announce:

A 5 day mixed modelling, GLMM and GAMM course in Newburgh, UK.

When: Monday 21 May until Friday 25 May 2007.
Where: Ythan hotel, Newburgh, Aberdeenshire, UK.

Regression models for time series or spatial data.

Course: "Analysing Biological and Environmental Data -Using mixed
modelling, generalised linear mixed modelling and generalised
additive mixed modelling-".

The main subject of the course is mixed modelling (nested data),
generalised least squares (different variance components,
auto-correlation for time series and spatial correlation),
generalised linear mixed modelling (Poisson and Binomial),
generalised additive mixed modelling (Poisson and Binomial), and
repeated measurements.

Open to: Anyone. This is a non-technical course for biologist and
environmental scientists.

Pre-required knowledge: You need to read either (i) chapters 4, 5, 6
and 7 of Zuur, AF, Ieno, EN, Smith, GM (2006-In Press). The analysis
of ecological data. Springer. 700p, or (ii) attend one of our
univariate GLM & GAM course.

Price: 600 GBP (for students and non-students). Prices are excluding
17.5% VAT. The fee includes coffee and tea, course material and a
1-year license for Brodgar. Early booking is recommended. Due to
popular demand we cannot offer reduction.

Accommodation is around 40 GBP per night (provided you book early)
but is not included in the course fee. We are close to Aberdeen airport.

Maximum number of participants: 15.

You need to bring your own laptop, though we have a few spare ones.

Outline. Monday: Revision of Chapters 4-7 in Zuur et al (2006, In
Press). Tuesday: Mixed modelling with random effects. Additive models
with random effects. Wednesday: GLM and GAM with random effects.
Auto-correlation functions for time series and variograms for spatial
data. Generalised least squares; different variances and
auto-correlation structure. Thursday: Temporal auto-correlation in
GLM and GAM. Friday: Spatial auto-correlations in GLM and GAM.
Alternative spatial methods: simultaneous autoregressive model (SAR),
spatial moving average models (SMA). What to write in a paper.
Catch-up, case studies and presenting results for your own data.

Registration:  http://www.brodgar.com/statscourse.htm

Kind regards,

Alain Zuur

Dr. Alain F. Zuur
Highland Statistics Ltd.
6 Laverock road
UK - AB41 6FN Newburgh

Tel: 0044 1358 788177
Email: [log in to unmask]

Our statistics courses:
1. "Analysing biological and environmental data using univariate methods".
2. "Analysing biological and environmental data using multivariate methods"
3. "Analysing biological and environmental data using time series analysis"
4. "Analysing biological and environmental data using mixed
modelling, GLMM and GAMM"
5. "An introduction to R"

Brodgar: Software for univariate and multivariate analysis and
multivariate time series analysis
Brodgar complies with R GNU GPL license

Statistical consultancy, courses, data analysis and software