Hello all, I've recently joined the list, and in response to Rowdy's
welcome message I'm introducing myself!

My name's Harry Sumnall, I'm currently based at Liverpool JMU, having
completed my PhD at Liverpool University on the behavioural pharmacology
of MDMA (ecstasy) in 2002, and undergraduate degree in pharmacology at
the University of Manchester in 1997. My research mainly focusses on
illicit drugs (particularly around causes, consequences, and experiences
of use; intervention and education), but have also recently started to
conduct alcohol work. Current alcohol projects include a brief
intervention for student drinkers providing individualised responses to
alcohol effect expectations, the effects of alcohol intoxication on
sexual decision making, and the forthcoming NICE evidence review on
alcohol interventions in primary and secondary schools. I'm also
collaborating on the longitudinal element of a project with researchers
at the University of Liverpool examining inhibitory control and cue
salience in alcohol users.

Harry

Dr Harry Sumnall
Senior Research Fellow