From: Admin-student [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of SN Croll
Sent: 28 September 2006 10:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SSAC files (BACS First)

Hi all,

It might be worth noting that a large number of students, including returning students, were sent an SMS text message yesterday that reads as
follows:

"Take your payment schedule letter to registration; your Student Loan will be paid into your bank within 5 days of your uni/college confirming attendance."

This has proved to be extremely unhelpful here at Bradford as, like a number of other institutions, we re-enrol our students on-line and don't have a paper-based 'face-to-face' re-enrolment.  We don't need or want students queuing outside our offices trying to present us with a payment schedule, asking us to 'scan' it because the SLC had told them.

Given all the recent problems with the ELP site, this is proving to be even more frustrating considering that the majority of delays to SL and grant payments have been as a result of the SLC's system problems.

Despite several attempts to get the message through to the Student Loan Company that we don't all use the process of scanning payment schedules for confirming attendance, this message is not getting through.  I am starting to run out of energy and patience with them.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

--
Simon Croll
Assistant Registrar

University of Bradford