Colleagues,

One of our academics is interested in developing systems to monitor student attendance at lectures - probably using smart card scanning at entrance ways.

Before we go too far down this road, we would really appreciate feedback from other institutions that have already taken steps to monitor attendance.  Hits, tips, pitfalls and alternative strategies would be appreciated.

Please reply off-list to [log in to unmask]

I'll post a summary of responses at a later date.

Best wishes

Maggie

Maggie Donnelly,
Student Progress Service,
Newcastle University,
6 Kensington Terrace,
Newcastle upon Tyne
United Kingdom
NE1 7RU

Direct tel: 0191 222 6122 (International +44 191 222 6122)
Fax: 0191 222 8540 (International: +44 191 222 8540)
University Website:
www.ncl.ac.uk
SPS Website: www.ncl.ac.uk/spo
Your views about the service we provide are very important to us and will help us make improvements where required.  Please use this form to make any comments - good or bad - about the service you have received from us http://www.ncl.ac.uk/spo/questionnaire.php