	-----Original Message-----
	From: Academic, financial or space planning in UK universities
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Judy Evans
	Sent: 10 January 2006 09:21
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Target-setting systems

	Dear Colleagues,

	Having experienced the annual target-setting round at two large
institutions, where unwieldy databases have been set up to manage the
information but they only 'talk' to the core student data systems after
much cajoling and a lot of human intervention, I would be interested to
hear from colleagues who have managed to crack this particular nut! We
are keen to develop as streamlined and seamless a system as possible.
For information, we are users of the SITS system, although not of the
'target' fields therein.

	I'm happy to collate any replies.

	Best wishes,

	Judy

----
	Judy Evans
	Senior Assistant Registrar (Management Information)
	University of Brighton
	Mithras House
	Lewes Road
	Brighton BN2 4AT