-----Original Message-----
From: Academic, financial or space planning in UK universities
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Gary Smith
Sent: 13 June 2006 15:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Guardian League Table

Dear Brian

UCL would also support this approach.

Best Wishes

Gary

At 10:41 13/06/2006, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>I'm sure that if the Guardian published information on its banding
>method that this would immediately show up some apparent anomolies.
>
>All we would require is the levels at which the various bands were set
>(which they used to publish for unit costs in the early days); the
>number of institutions in each band (although it's possible to get
>this from the published information, it's a slog); and finally
>notification to individual institutions of their absolute score within
>a particular band.
>
>If a large number of us sent in a combined request for this
>information (possibly at V-C level), how could they reasonably refuse?
>
>Anyone interested in such an approach?
>
>Regards Brian

   Gary Smith
   Deputy Director, Management Information and Services
   The Registry, UCL
   Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT
   E-mail: [log in to unmask]
   Tel: external 020-7679-2044; internal 3-2044