Dear Colleagues, with apologies for cross posting.

With reference to the email correspondence on the matter raised by Deborah Viney in her email to ADMIN EO on 17 August. We apologise for a late response to the issue. The ECU has been looking into this matter during the last few days with a view to providing a response.

We have contacted the CRE about this and asked if it would like to comment on the original request from Monsoon Publishers to SOAS. The CRE has reiterated that SOAS and the publisher had been advised to seek separate legal advice as to their position.

The ECU feels that this is a Positive Action matter but will look into it in more detail in order to confirm this as far as possible. We are currently updating our Positive Action document (due for publication later this year) and we will use this information to update that publication as appropriate.

Kind Regards

Jerome

Jerome Williams

Policy Officer - Race, Religion and Belief
Equality Challenge Unit

7th Floor, Queens House

55/56 Lincoln's Inn Fields

London, WC2A 3LJ