Dear all

You may be aware that Bill Rammell the Minister for State for Lifelong
learning & F & HE has written to all institutions asking us what we do about
child protection for under 18s (e.g. on courses, attending summer schools
and other outreach activities) reply required by 31st October.

Apparently the FE guidance doc (we in HE are told to follow it where poss
until HE guidance is out) is at:

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/wholeschool/familyandcommunity/childprotection/

One of the questions which has arisen for us concerns what additional
training colleagues need if they take on responsibility for people under 18.

Dare I ask if anyone has that info to hand?

regards, Deb

Deb Viney, Diversity Advisor,

Deputy Secretary's Office,

School of Oriental and African Studies,

University of London

Tel: 020 7074 5007   Fax: 020 7074 5019

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Visiting Address:                              Postal Address:

Vernon Square                             Thornhaugh Street

1 Penton Rise                                    Russell Square

LONDON                                           LONDON

WC1X 9EW                                      WC1H 0XG