at least one systematic review (duplicated? [1,2]) is available on the
subject:

its conclusion can be summarized thus: "from the limited data available,
annual screening with ultrasound appears to have a sensitivity or detection
rate close to 100%. The reported sensitivity of annual CA 125-based
screening is about 80% (95% CI 49%-95%)"

1) Bell R, Petticrew M, Sheldon T. The performance of screening tests for
ovarian cancer: results of a systematic review. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1998
Nov;105(11):1136-47.

2) Bell R, Petticrew M, Luengo S, Sheldon TA. Screening for ovarian cancer:
a systematic review. Health Technol Assess. 1998;2(2):i-iv, 1-84.
Full text available free of charge at:
http://www.hta.nhsweb.nhs.uk/fullmono/mon202.pdf

Dr Joseph Watine, PH, AIHP, PharmD, AAHU, EurClinChem
Laboratoire de Biologie Polyvalente
Centre Hospitalier Général
12027 Rodez Cedex 9
France