Just a reminder about our next meeting.   An
Dear UK Colleagues,

Just a reminder about our next meeting.   Any laboratory staff interested in finding find out more about the current and future role of molecular genetic techniques in clinical biochemistry would be most welcome to attend.  Exeter have a special interest in Diabetes research lead by Professor Hattersley and supported by the Molecular Genetics dept. You can  check up on the latest news at http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/diabetesgenes/

Roy Fisher
ACB SW & Wessex Region Meetings Secretary

ACB South West and Wessex Region Scientific Meeting

Discovery day in Old Dumnonia - Pharmacogenetics Update for the Clinical Biochemist

Postgraduate Centre, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
Tuesday 7th March 2006

10.00 - 17.15  followed by the AGM

10.00   	Registration and Coffee

10.30	Welcome: Dr John O'Connor, RDEH
10.35     	Pharmacogenomics, setting the scene
      		Mr Mike Hallworth, Shrewsbury
11.15     	Establishing and maintaining a national TPMT screening service
      		Dr Jonathan Berg, Birmingham
11.55     	TPMT genotyping and its role as part of a routine service
      		Dr Loretta Ford, Birmingham

12.40    	 Lunch/Trade Exhibition

13.40     	The sugar pills work now doctor
      		Dr Sian Ellard, Exeter
14.20     	Polygenic diabetes, new perspectives
   		Dr Tim Frayling, Exeter

15.00     	 Tea/Trade Exhibition

15.30     	 UGT-1A1: more than just Gilbert's?
                                Ms Roberta Goodall, Bristol
16.05   	 New chips on the block
                               Mr Ewan Wilkinson, Roche Diagnostics
16.40	A Curious Case of Hypokalaemia
                               Dr Marion Croft, Exeter

17.15 	      	 AGM

Meeting is sponsored by Affymetrix UK Ltd.and Roche Diagnostics
Registration cost is just £20 for ACB and IBMS members, free for Grade A trainees,  £25 to others.  Closing date, 28th  February 2006.
For further details and to register please visit www.acbsww.org.uk or contact Dr Roy Fisher, Department of  Clinical Chemistry, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, TR1 3LJ. Tel: 01872 - 252546.
Email: [log in to unmask]

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and is intended for the attention and use of the named
addressee(s).  It must not be disclosed to any other person
without our authority.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a
person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient or
are aware that this e-mail has been sent to you in error, you are
not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message or any part of it.

We sweep all outgoing messages for the presence of computer
viruses.  However, we cannot accept any responsibility for any
loss or damage to your systems due to viruses or malicious code
not detected.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are
those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the
organisations within the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Health
Community.

This email may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.