Who are those that teach how to speak English?  Teachers in Every grammar
school.  Those who teach ESL students.  Those who teach how to drop local
accents and learn "media English."  Those whoe write dictionaries.

I think USA linguists need to consider what is the biggest problem with the
English language today.  It’s that it is not spelled phonetically
consistent.  And according to Paulescu that is why there are twice as many
dyslexics in English than in a phonetically consistently spelled language,
such as Italian.  Thus, an attempt should be made to keep what consistency
it has so as to be easier for learners.

In regard to the sound of the word “awe” (~au in truespel), the tradstreeng
“aw” (string of letters in traditional spelling) has always had the sound
~au, still does, and still should.  The fad in changing “aw” to “ah” ~aa, is
not good.  The same goes for tradstreeng “au”, except for one word
“because”, where “cause” is spoken as “kuz”.  Other than that word, “au”
spells the sound ~au about 69% of the time in majority USA accent.

These data are from the Collins Cobuild word count of popular media
(newspapers, magazines) used in truespel Book 4 to analyze phoneme frequency
for USA English.

Tom Z

The Small Fawn
By Tom Zurinskas
Many examples of the sound of “awe” ~au

In the fall, a small fawn paused near the wall.
We stood in awe as we saw the marauder
Paw and gnaw on some frosty long straws undaunted.
We all walked with jaundiced thoughts
That we should halt its audacious jaws
Because the gnawing might cost us the lawn.
So we tossed a ball at the fawn to get it off.
Although it’s against the law to loft a ball at a fawn
But naughty jaws did not stall in mauling the lawn
So we all stood tall and scoffed the creature raw
While it sauntered through our squall as if knowing the law
Staunchly taunting the raucous throng
As though scoffing our tawdry fraud
It yawned and jauntily stalked away.
No false pawn this plausible fawn.

The 4 truespel books are at authorhouse.com.  Hit Bookstore.  Enter
Zurinskas.  Click Search.
Convert English to truespelUSA at Truespel.com. While there convert the
entire internet to truespel via the URL converter by interguru.com.