On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 12:05, Lukasz Flis wrote:
> This machine is running lcg-CE, MONBOX and UI, i'm afraid that after reverting
> to previous version something may stop working...
>
> Which python version do you suggest?

I've tested successfully with 2.4.3(built from source) if you wanted to
revert to an earlier version perhaps look at what you were using before
it was updated. My testbed machines were updated on 10/12/06 05:30:01
Updated: python 2.2.3-6.5.i386. The versions I've got in my yum
repository are

Mar 14  2006 python-2.2.3-6.2.i386.rpm
Feb 14  2005 python-2.2.3-6.1.i386.rpm
Dec 30  2003 python-2.2.3-5.i386.rpm

I would assume that the repository that you are using will have the same
versions. You may want to check what has been fixed in these version and
whether they have any security vulnerabilities which have been fixed in
later versions and can be exploited.

There have been 2 python api patches for R-GMA

v5.0.9 and v5.0.8 you may find that although patch v5.0.8 wraps the
assertion error in a RemoteException it exacerbates the archiver
problem. Patch 5.0.9 is much more robust and should be used when it is
available.

Alastair