From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Andrew Smith
Sent: 08 June 2006 15:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: automated pedestrian counts/ use of video data

Anzir Boodoo wrote:

> Irisys demonstrated one a couple of years
> ago (late 2003) which records the tracks of people through its sphere
> of vision.

I think that's the one they worked on with Jon Kerridge, previously
mentioned by in this thread.  The main problem we found with infra-red
generally was the need for overhead mounting: when we did site
surveys, there weren't many street locations where we could do this.
I'm sure that there may well be large potential for indoor sites, but
real-life implementation outdoors in the public realm proved to be
very difficult.  Because of this, it wasn't carried forward into the
second set of trials.

Regards,
Andrew

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com