Hi all,

As suggested I am introducing myself now that I have joined the email
list. Having finished my MSc at UCL last year, I am currently a research
assistant at the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, looking at
emotional, behavioural and cognitive responses to health risk information
in primary care.
I am beginning my PhD in October at the same place. I will be looking at
psychological responses to both graphic images of health threats (akin to
those used in health promotion campaigns) and to medical scanning images
of potential bodily harm (e.g. ultrasound images of patients' bodily
organs). I am planning to use both health psychology models (SRM, PMT) and
cognitive processing approaches to understand these issues.

Looking forward to being part of the discussion group.

Thanks,
Gareth