This is it:

Justinus Kerner had published Kleksographien, a book of inkblot-inspired
poems in 1857. Kerner, a physician and a painter of some repute, had
produced inkblots "through chance" by folding a piece of paper on which some
ink had been dropped. He then wrote poems inspired by each of the inkblots.
The published book was well received in German-speaking countries and was
probably known to Rorschach.

from www.whonamedit.com

http://join.msn.com/toolbar/overview