On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:04:07 EST, Bernard Moore <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Can anyone help please.
>
>Derbyshire Mining & Exploration Ltd.. This Co. operated in Derbyshire  for
>some years either side of 1926 (I know definitely 1925 & 1926 anyway),
but I
>can find no reference anywhere so far as to what they might have done or
where
>they might have done it! A Director of the Co. was Francis Allen, and as
far
>as I can tell from the signature the Co.Secy. was J.Hallom Evans. I have
>tried all the normal books and have spent some time on the Web, but
nothing has
>turned up to date, so, if anyone can throw any light on this matter it
would be
> much appreciated please.
>
>Thankyou, Bernard

The official List of Mines gives the following mines, all near Wirksworth,
owned by DM&ECo. They had previously been owned by Cromford Mining &
Minerals Co. Ltd, & were closed & in liquidation in 1921

Blobber (lead) 1923 employment - 1924 12 underground, 13 at surface 1925 10
underground, 9 at surface, 1926 standing, 1(caretaker) at surface

Cromford Moor (lead, fluorspar, calcspar) 1923 3 underground, 5 at surface
1924 7 underground, 5 at surface 1925& 1926 -

Shore Vein (lead) 1924 2 underground, 2 at surface 1923,1925&1926 -

Stafford's Dream (lead) Employment -

Alasdair Neill.