From: John Dillon <[log in to unmask]>

> B.'s church is in two main parts, one from the twelfth century and the
other, attached to the former at a slight angle, from the thirteenth.

> And a plan of the interior (with illustrations that open when one
clicks on the numbers) is here:
> http://www.viedellidentita.it/risorsa1-interno.html

what a bizarre plan, was my first thought, influenced by your analysis of it.

clicking on "4" on the plan, however, makes it clear that this curiously large
"transept" is "LA   CAPPELLA  DI  SAN  BERARDO", is a kind of appendage which
grew like Topsy into the Baroque period.

the 13th c. facade and portals are not all that unusual a feature, in a
transeptless building.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]