Dear All,

We are considering hiring foreign language titles from Bright Books.
Most librarians I speak to praise them. Can anyone help me with personal
opinions of Bright Books - both good and bad?

Thanks,

David

I have received a number of responses to the above message which I sent out
a few weeks ago re Bright Books, most of them favourable. From these
positive responses we will probable (finance permitting) go ahead and use
the service in North Tyneside.

I have attached a file which contains them all.
I have heard nothing but good reports about them in the past but still have
a general uneasiness over the whole idea of  having to borrow - at a fee -
from an outside agency.

 At what point do Public Libraries draw the line on borrowing from them or
other agencies/organisations as opposed to Inter Library Lending?
We may be able to borrow quickly and cheaply - but we as a community do not
have a future resource to draw on.
How far could all the £500 plus borrowing fees which are paid out by each
authority go to bolster the joint work of ALL authorities?

Any thoughts?

David Harrison
(See attached file: Bright Replies 12.05.doc)

David Harrison,
Librarian,
Central Library,
Northumberland Square,
North Shields,
Tyne and Wear.
NE30 1QU

Tel:  0191 200 5424
Fax:  0191 200 6118
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Unless otherwise stated, opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this message are personal, and not those of North Tyneside
Council.

service. North Tyneside Council does not guarantee this email to be free of any viruses. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.