Dear Colleague

UK PRESIDENCY OF THE EU - HEALTH INEQUALITIES SUMMIT

I am pleased to inform you that, as our Presidency draws to a
close, we have set up a new website for the Tackling Health
Inequalities summit.  It can be found at:

www.dh.gov.uk/eupresidency

The Tackling Health Inequalities Summit website can be found in
the section
on Event reports (7th heading) and includes the speeches and
presentations
from the summit.   The two expert independent reports, Health
Inequalities:
Europe in Profile, and Health Inequalities: A Challenge for
Europe.can be
found under the Reports section (8th heading).

The challenge now is to sustain the momentum generated by the
Summit, and
to deliver change in policy and practice.  The new EU Expert
Working Group
on Social Determinants of Health Inequalities will help achieve
this.  We
will also be publishing, in the Spring, final versions of the
two expert
reports produced for the Summit, and will make them available on the
website.