Hi Alessandra,

Edinburgh's pool node has the following:

[root@dcache gcowan]# netstat -tlp
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address
State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 *:32768                     *:*
LISTEN      836/rpc.statd
tcp        0      0 *:32772                     *:*
LISTEN      1151/rpc.mountd
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdomain:32777 *:*
LISTEN      1444/java
tcp        0      0 *:8649                      *:*
LISTEN      1169/gmond
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                    *:*
LISTEN      808/portmap
tcp        0      0 *:x11                       *:*
LISTEN      1503/X
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                       *:*
LISTEN      1072/sshd
tcp        0      0 *:888                       *:*
LISTEN      1132/rpc.rquotad
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdomain:smtp  *:*
LISTEN      1309/sendmail: acce
tcp        0      0 *:2811                      *:*
LISTEN      6389/java

xinetd and slapd are not running on the pool node, but they do run on the
admin node. Our admin node also has:

tcp        0      0 *:32855                     *:*       LISTEN      -

but there is no equivalent on the pool node.

I don't think you should have postgres running on your pool node, unless
you specifically want to have one of the dCache postgres databases on it
to spread out the load.

Were you doing a YAIM install?

Cheers,
Greig

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Alessandra Forti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> always regarding the installation....
>
> are this services supposed to be enabled on the WN or dcahce pools?
>
> tcp        0      0 *:32768                     *:* LISTEN      2340/rpc.statd
> tcp        0      0 localhost.localdomain:32769 *:* LISTEN      2460/xinetd
> tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                    *:* LISTEN      2321/portmap
> tcp        0      0 bohr5012.tier2.hep.man:2135 *:* LISTEN      24032/slapd
>
> I also have this :
>
> tcp        0      0 *:34437                     *:* LISTEN      -
>
> And this:
>
> Stopping postgresql service: [  OK  ]
> Starting postgresql service: [  OK  ]
>
> thanks
>
> cheers
> alessandra

Dr Greig A Cowan                         http://www.ph.ed.ac.uk/~gcowan1
School of Physics, University of Edinburgh, James Clerk Maxwell Building

TIER-2 STORAGE SUPPORT PAGES: http://wiki.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/Grid_Storage