Hi Nina,

We have been Keyskills testing with c&g through Gola for a while now.

To be honest I have fought against running it since the outset.

Currently, the MIS manager (my manager) runs the administration side.

I make the entries on the walled garden, she books, downloads and opens the tests.

Invigilation is done by one of my external invigilators.

As adults are taking basic skills, late working is required. This is why I stay away from it if I can as I have no intention of starting late working to that degree.

As for tutors invigilating, I agree with you. They do turn up last minute and I cannot see them 'volunteering' for evening work.

Another problem we have is accommodation, especially during the day. Obtaining a room for two hours for on-line testing is very difficult. Again, in our case, room allocation is the MIS managers function anyway. If she cannot get a room, no one will.

The availability of designated P.C.'s is closely related to this and contributes to planning difficulties.

Wish you look!

Regards,

Ken Southward

Examinations Officer