Message
Paul Belford made the same point more eloquently, but he has a glitch with posting, so I thought I'd forward it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Belford [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Fri 02/12/2005 15:30
To: MAY, Sarah; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Capturing the Public Value of Heritage

Well I would think that these people have a lot to do with heritage. Speakers and participants include the Chairman and Chief Executive of English Heritage, the Chair of the National Trust, both the Secretary of State and the Minister for Culture, Media and Sport (the department which is responsible for SAMs and listed buildings), the Chair of the Heritage Lottery Fund (and Kate Clark) and a Professor of Built Heritage.  All of whom are accountable (in one way or another) to the public.

And the conference is about 'public value of heritage' so representatives from focus group types, economists and think-tanks represent the 'public' and 'value' elements. Heritage (whatever that is) is not the sole preserve of heritage professionals!

Which seems to be to me what the conference is all about?

Paul

Paul Belford
Senior Archaeologist
Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust

Tel +44 (0)1952 435 945
Fax +44 (0)1952 435 937

Ironbridge Archaeology is the archaeology unit of the Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust.

Website...
http://www.ironbridge.org.uk/d_archaeology.asp

The latest news is on our blog...
http://ironbridge.blogspot.com