Hello all - I am happy to (re)introduce myself to the list, the last time leaving home for research whilst most of the discussion ensued.  I am completing my PhD in Religion Studies, with all my past and present post-grad studies being in various aspects of the emerging Pagan movement and magickal communities in South Africa since our change in dispensation in 1994.
This particular study is looking at indentity construction in religio-spirtual traditions that are new in our society, and how they both shape, and are shaped, by our past and present histories.  I am particularly interested in both the practice and function of magick and witchcraft in the contemporary Pagan traditions, in our indigenous communities, and how these differ and converge.  The interplay of the terms witchcraft and  magic, and the meanings and intent associated with them in the different communities, is especially important.