Mark Pilkington writes:

> Our best known living UFO/alien contactee, Whitley Strieber, has
> written a number of books based on his experiences with what he calls
> "The Visitors", most famously Communion (1986). Over the course of
> these books, which are now quite numerous, the visitors shifted from
> being extraterrestrials as we know them, to interdimensional beings,  to
> faeries, to... something else (as I say I lost track ten years  ago,
> though the books have continued).

We live a stone's throw away from Whitley's digs in the
Shawangunks [ we're just around the corner from the 'Iron
Mountain' underground complex on Binnewater road in
Rosendale, NY - see: http://tinyurl.com/2wt5w ], and he's
not the only one around here seeing lights in the sky and
the fields, or claiming to be visited. Another author who
has written about the goings-on in our area is Ellen
Crystall, in her _Silent Invasion_. You may have heard of
her - she died of pancreatic cancer back in 2002, at age 52.

> For the record, Strieber now believes that as a child he was part of  a
> CIA/secret government experiment to develop children who would be  able
> to communicate with the Others on their behalf – I'm not sure why.

When I lived outside San Antonio, Texas back in the 60s, we
students were told that a 'NASA experiment' was running in
our school [ Theodore Roosevelt High School ]. The regular
Gymnasium exercises were disrupted, and odd/fun 'lab'
courses were introduced into the usual staid curricula.

I used to ride my bicycle 15 miles over to the library in
San Antonio, and had occasion to notice that large black
soft paper-bound books started appearing on the shelves
with government acronyms on them I didn't recognize [my
uncles were in the Air Force ].

Among them was a copy of John Lilly's _Programming and
Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer_:

http://tinyurl.com/ao8d6

This really worked for me, since I had already had the
pleasure of dropping acid out beneath the starlit Texas sky
in our back fields, and was getting hip to the 'programs'
Lilly was discussing in his book.

The Hell's Angels were running Orange Sunshine and Purple
Haze to the pilots in San Antonio at the time, and we lucky
children dipped into the bounty making the rounds.

Pretty clearly, in our case the 'Secret School' spilled over
into broad daylight.

Cors in Manu Domine,

~ Khem Caigan