From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic on behalf of Noah Gardiner
Sent: Wed 21/12/2005 02:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The coolest of Yules ...

Hello Dave and all,

By way of introduction, I returned to academia a year ago, after a
fourteen-year hiatus, when I learned that fields such as Western
esoteric studies and ASM had come into being while I was away (mostly in
New Orleans, the Caribbean and South America). I always said I'd return
to school when people started studying what I was interested in, and lo
and behold...

I was very happy to hear about ASM as it fits my interests more closely
than the Renaissance hermeneutics of WES. I'm currently trying to figure
out a graduate-study trajectory once I finish up with undergrad here at
Brown and suggestions would be much appreciated. Amongst other things,
I'm currently studying Arabic and hope to study in Cairo once I'm done
here, with an eye towards the mythology and reality of
Arab/Egyptian/"Oriental" influences on Western magical theory and practices.

Also, I'll be in London for the first time in
late-December/early-January and would love any suggestions  re
museums/exhibits to see.  I look forward to speaking with you all.

Thanks,
Noah Gardiner

This incoming email to UWE has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus software has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software