> If this list becomes a forum, I'm not going to be participating. I get> my e-mail on my laptop, my work computer, and my phone. I have tools> to sort it and deal with it easily. I'm not going to start going to a> website every day and hunting through it for conversations of> interest. I'll just not go.> > I am sure that I am not the only one that feels that way.

So you don't hunt through your inbox?

I don't know if you are aware of this, but you can simply click a link everyday and see what new messages have been left. You don't need to "hunt" for anything.

I'm taking myself off this discussion, because I think this sort of sulking is uncalled for and very silly. I expected people to give it a chance, and to help create a wonderful research tool on the web, and not this kind of tantrum. I am aware, however, that many people have already left because they can't deal with the mailing list, and more will probably leave too. I am also aware that this list has much more people subscribed than the ones that participate, and I still feel that it is easier to conduct a discussion on a Forum than on a Mailing List, which is the reason all the MLs I used to belong to are now Fora. There is a possibility of receiving an RSS feed on you inbox of the Forum. The plan was also to run the Forum side by side with the ML to make the transition as smooth as possible. I honestly don't see the reason for this type of reaction.

I know Academics are sometimes not open to change, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Cheers

Vanda