A brief introduction:

My name is Aaron Cheak. I am a PhD student writing on "The Dynamics of
Initiatory Apotheosis." Here on the other side of the world (Australia,
University of Queensland, School of History, Philosophy, Religion and
Classics) I seem to have enough freedom to integrate my initiatory and
academic interests more or less unpestered. My academic background
encompassed linguistics, German, Greek, Sanskrit, and the study of
religion. My honours thesis focused on the intellectual history of magic in
general, and the magical imagination in particular (mundus imaginalis, vis
imaginativa, etc.). Ultimately, however, I prefer to cross boundaries
(disciplinary and otherwise). I've published an article in JSM2 which is
largely an exercise in definitions, as well as a brief piece on Hindu
tantra in a local journal. I'm presently refraining from publishing
anything further for the time being. Some seeds need time to germinate ...

I'm pleased to be back for the second incarnation of this list.

~ A