Aloha,

On 12/4/2005 at 11:10 AM J Blain wrote:

>Be warned that some people within Heathenry - more in the US than
>here, I think - get awfully upset and start shouting if it's
>speculated that seidr was/is shamanic!

My only experience of seidr has been as a guest of an SF Bay Area
group that certainly took a shamanic approach in their reconstruction/
revival of the practice.

I was told that this approach did differ from other
reconstructions/revivals
in other parts of the US, but I didn't pick up that the shamanic aspect
was a big part of it. I was probably dizzy and my ears were ringing.

Musing Isn't It All Good Fun To *Go Ask Odin*? Rose,

Pitch