Salut,

I'm Deana Weibel, assistant professor of anthropology at Grand Valley
State University, Allendale, Michigan, USA. I study the anthropology of
religion, and focus on pilgrimage in particular, but since I also have
a strong interest in cognitive anthropology, I've been doing some
recent research on "magical thinking." Specifically, I've been working
with former NASA historian Glen E. Swanson on a study of religious and
"magical" rituals performed by astronauts and cosmonauts in the
American and Russian (also Soviet) space programs. "Magical thinking,"
the way the term is generally used in cognitive anthropology, has to do
with what are more commonly known as superstitions.

Does anyone know if the Journal for the Academic Study of Magic is
still being published? I can't find an updated website for it.

Deana