The documentary film starring Helena Bonham Carter which is based on the
Jackson family (Jacqui, Luke etc...)

Is on Tuesday 13th December

9:00pm - 10:30pm on BBC 2

Also "My Family & Autism" is repeated straight after at 10:35pm on BBC FOUR

Helena Bonham Carter is to star as Maggi, a mother with seven children -
three 'normal' daughters and four sons who are each, in one form or another,
autistic - in BBC TWO's uplifting drama Magnificent 7.

The production is inspired by real life supermum Jacqui Jackson and her
extraordinary children, who were featured in BBC TWO's documentary, My
Family and Autism, shown in 2003. Jacqui Jackson has worked as a consultant
on the production.

Written by Sandy Welch (North and South), Magnificent 7 is a warm, poignant
and enriching story which looks at the struggles, tears, laughter and
moments of magic that this surprising household experience over the course
of a year.

Helena Bonham Carter said: "I found the script funny, touching and humane.
Hopefully, this film will help people to understand what it is like to be
autistic, and moreover, celebrate rather than marginalise what it is to be
'different'."

Curtis is supersensitive and allergic to everything, including Christmas and
the colour red. David - with ADHD - is a mini-whirlwind, creative and
destructive in equal measures. Christopher has Asperger's syndrome and with
it a problem with anything that doesn't say exactly what it means. Richard
hates surprises and being jolly.

Producer Deborah Jones said: "We are delighted that Helena is to portray
Maggi, whose determination to do the best for all her family and her loving
and chaotic world is truly uplifting.

"Inspired by the real life Jacqui Jackson, Magnificent 7 will give viewers a
truthful insight into her life and those of her extraordinary children. As a
drama, this will be an urban fairytale - funny, heartbreaking and
inspirational."

Roly Keating, Controller of BBC TWO, said: "Helena Bonham Carter is a
stunning signing for this strongly authored single drama inspired by Jacqui
Jackson's incredible story of triumph over adversity.

"She will bring poignancy and spirit to this modern day tale of family
life."

It is directed by Kenny Glenaan (Yasmin, The Cops) and executive producers
are Laura Mackie and Richard Stokes.

7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk

This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about the list administratione should be sent to [log in to unmask]

Archives and tools are located at: