On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 04:20:53PM -0000, Burke, S (Stephen) wrote:
> Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes
> > [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Gronbech said:
> > We are all very happy with Yaim and are not looking forward to any
> > further complications, that XML/python would bring.
>
> The point is that people are quite likely to *get* the python/xml method
> unless there is quite a lot of resistance. If people want some idea of
> what's involved you can look at the glite installation instructions
> here:
>
> http://glite.web.cern.ch/glite/packages/R1.4/R20050916/doc/installation_
> guide.html
>
> and you can see some (old) examples of the config files if you click on
> the node names here:
>
> http://egee-jra1-testing.web.cern.ch/egee-jra1-testing/testbed/extended-
> list.html
>
> Stephen

I think that, being realistic, YAIM is approaching the end of its
useful life. People are probably best employed in suggesting
improvements to the new deployment modules. The obvious compromise of
YAIM on top of the deployment modules - which was being suggested -
sounds to me like the worst possible solution. I may be suspect, being
a member of JRA1, however I have never liked the deployment modules
because it is more code to go wrong which is added on top of the
middleware and over which the developers have no control - however
YAIM suffers from the same problem. Please don't be too quick to
rubbish the deployment modules ("xml/python") solution.

Steve