Dear all,

I've had a lot of requests for any outcomes from my request for
information on whether any case law has occurred re the legal
admissibility or otherwise of scanned documents.  It appears that there
has been none in the UK to date - leading me to assume that in all
probability scanned material is being accepted, possibly without
question...

In Spain, the RD 1946/2003 published on BOE 29/11/03 authorises and
gives legal value to scanned invoices.

For the UK I was provided with this useful article:
http://www.infoconomy.com/pages/M-iD/group103353.adp
...and the author of BIP 0008 on behalf of BSI has advised that when
asked for advice on this subject he quotes advice from a number of
sources that BIP 0008 is recommended as good practice - for example in
the Section 46 FOI Code of Practice, by TNA and by the Inland Revenue.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Clare

Clare Cowling
Records Manager
The Law Society
113 Chancery Lane
London WC2A 1PL
Tel 020 7320 9541
(internal ext 4605)

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient then you must not copy
it, forward it, use it for any purpose, or disclose it to another person.
Instead please return it to the sender immediately and copy your communication to
Please then delete your copy from your system.
Please also note that the author of this email is not authorised to conclude any
contract on behalf of the Law Society by email.
Thank you.