Dear List,
I will be doing an illustrated lecture on the Tavistock Canal to the Old Cornwall Society on Wednesday 8th February 2006.  Its at 7.30 pm in the Eagle House Hotel, Launceston.
I have been carrying out extensive archaeological survey of the canal and its associated structures over the last couple of years, in preparation for a book on the canal.
If you want to know more about the Tavistock Canal, especially about the Canal Tunnel and its mines, do come along.  I think there is a small fee, but I'm not sure how much.  If you contact the group's secretary Miss J Rendell on 01566 773509, she will be able to give more details.
Robert Waterhouse