  From: Phyllis G. Jestice
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:16 AM
  Subject: [M-R] priestly angels

    Aren't angels honorary priests?  They often appear, at least in fifteenth-century art, wearing stolas.

  Phyllis

    Phyllis Jestice wrote:

      Today (30. November) is the feast day of:

      Andrew

    In the Sarum Calendar, an Inferior double feast.

      Frederick of Regensburg (blessed) (d. 1329)  Frederick was born to a
      poor family of Regensburg and became a lay brother at the local house
      of Augustinian hermits, where he was employed as a carpenter.  F. got
      a reputation as a miracle-worker, and even received communion from an
      angel.

    Is that permitted?  What is the clerical status of angels?  Was it a Reserved Sacrament?

    John Briggs
    to: [log in to unmask]
    to: [log in to unmask]

  Phyllis G. Jestice