From: John Dillon <[log in to unmask]>

> In my browser, the image is expandable regardless of which URL one uses
to accesss it.  TinyURLa are merely "handles" pointing to the same file
on the the same server as that pointed to by the longer address for
which they substitute.  Best again, John Dillon

> On Friday, November 25, 2005, at 7:43 pm, Marjorie Greene wrote:
>
> > Ah, but the other URL gives one a larger image...
> > MG

since the urls are actually the same, i think that the difference in size is
due to the fact that the .jpg is much larger than a window --if you have a
reasonably slow connection it will take time to  load, but with a fast one it
will load...well, fast.

either way, once loaded it will then "shrink" down to a window-fitting size.

once loaded on your machine it will be stored --in this shrunken down format--
in the cache and the next time you access it will appear in that form.

to expand the image back to its full size, put the cursor anywhere on it and
note the square 'expansion' icon which will miraculously materialise in the
lower right corner.

click on that icon and the image will expand to its full, bigger-than-window
size.

leave your cursor on the .jpg and the icon will appear again in the lower
right; click on it and the image will shrink back to the size of a window.

"tiny urls" can be had by going to http://www.tinyurl.com, entering a non tiny
url in the box and harvesting the tiny one when the softwhere deals one out.

i should have done that  but am too damned lazy.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]