Eureka !  I think Abbot Coleman has it!  Stephaton was such an unusual name that I just tried Google for that single word and several hits came up.  One in particular which may interest you is at:
http://www.insecula.com/us/oeuvre/O0008417.html

It is a medieval artwork of the crucifixion showing Longinus, Christ, and Stephaton!

Although many of the discussions on this group are way over my head, and waaayyyyyyyyy out of my own time period of study, I have always been curious and some of the threads, like this one, cause me to spend quite a bit more time at this machine, looking up further on a topic "just because".  Sigh.  Wish the trivia in my head were marketable.

Happy Thanksgiving to all on this side of the pond, and the other as well even though our dates aren't the same.

Ann