From: Dentan Sarah [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 25 November 2005 12:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Managing children's internet access

Hello -

The general question of managing parental permissions for children using the internet was addressed briefly last year, with only a few responses, and I was hoping to gather more, as well as some additional specifics, if possible.

Do you require parental permission for children to use the internet, and if so how do you keep track of who has permission and who doesn't?  Do you not require parental permission?  (The 4 areas responding in 2004 all required written permission, and some required parental supervision of internet use).

On a related note, are your adult and children's computers configured differently (I'm wondering specifically if you block e-mail or other communication technologies only on children's computers), and if so, how are children kept from using adult computers?

Many thanks for your assistance,
Sarah

--
Sarah Dentan
Customer Service Manager, City and South

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you receive this email by mistake please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Cambridgeshire County Council. All sent and received email from Cambridgeshire County Council is automatically scanned for the presence of computer viruses and security issues.

This Email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of the email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify Bexley Council by
telephone on +44 (0) 20 8303 7777.

Web Site: http://www.bexley.gov.uk