From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 02/11/2005 15:06
Subject: query

Could anyone dredge this item from their memory? I would be very
grateful.
The customer now thinks it may not be an HE Bates story....

"I'm trying to trace a book which was first published shortly before WW2
(although I think it may have been banned for the duration). It deals
with the public reaction to an invasion threat and the related decay of
society as draconian security was introduced. It may have been an HE
Bates book but it's not leaping out at me from his list of publications.
Any thoughts please? Thanks"

... and thanks from me too
Elizabeth Melrose

Elizabeth Anne Melrose
Project Officer, Local Studies and Information
Business and Community Services (Information)
County Record Office
Tel: 01609 777585
email: [log in to unmask]

www.northyorks.gov.uk/libraries
www.northyorks.gov.uk/unnetie

www.ask-a-librarian.org.uk/
http://www.peoplesnetwork.gov.uk/enquire.html

WARNING

This E-mail and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the
named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken is
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily the
view of the Council.

North Yorkshire County Council.

content by the NorMAN MailScanner Service and is believed
to be clean.

The NorMAN MailScanner Service is operated by Information
Systems and Services, University of Newcastle upon Tyne.

====
This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and
confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take
no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. Please reply to this e-mail
to highlight the error. You should also be aware that all electronic mail
from, to, or within Northumbria University may be the subject of a request
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related legislation, and
therefore may be required to be disclosed to third parties.
This e-mail and attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving
Northumbria University. Northumbria University will not be liable for any
losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.