Greig A Cowan wrote on 24 November 2005 22:57:

> Hi Jiri,
>
>> There is a gSoap namespace issue which needs to be resolved or a
>> workaround found that basically prevents a development of a generic
>> SRM2 client.  Another problem is that some SRMs are using modified
>> WSDL (http://sdm.lbl.gov/srm-wg/srm.v2.1.1.modified.wsdl), and some
>> unmodified WSDL (http://sdm.lbl.gov/srm-wg/srm.v2.1.1.wsdl).  Don't you
>> just love standards?  Hope that sheds some light on the problem.
>
> Thanks for this.

I think you can assume we are going to converge on modified.  FNAL is
using modified, CASTOR is using modified, so so will all Tier 1s who
use CASTOR (and that little other site, Tier 0).  DPM seems to be
moving to modified as well.  StoRM, don't know for sure, but
apparently they have been asking the right questions.

> I had heard of the two differet WSDLs before, but never looked into them
> before. Very fascinating reading! ;) A quick diff showed the following:
>
> $ diff srm.v2.1.1.modified.wsdl srm.v2.1.1.wsdl > diff.out
> $ wc -l srm.v2.1.1.wsdl srm.v2.1.1.modified.wsdl diff.out
>   3083 srm.v2.1.1.wsdl
>   3034 srm.v2.1.1.modified.wsdl
>    594 diff.out
>
> Notice that the modified WSDL is shorter than the unmodified.

Some of it is probably just the comments or whitespace.  The main real
diff is that modified has a more soapy array handling, whereas the
array handling in unmodified is more like the SRM1 one (IIRC).

> I'll need to try and out what these 594 differences mean!

Don't waste too much time on it though.

Cheers,
-j