Dear All

The next UKI monthly deployment meeting will take place via VRVS on
Wednesday 16th November from 11:00 to 12:00. Please make a note of the
time and date. The agenda will be created over the next few weeks but
you can be sure that preparation for Service Challenge 4 will be the
main focus: http://agenda.cern.ch/fullAgenda.php?ida=a056648

Following this I should remind you that the next HEPSYSMAN meeting will
take place in Oxford on 5th December: http://hepwww.rl.ac.uk/sysman/.
This meeting will likely have some talks related to grid
components/activities (possibly SRM implementations, scheduling and
network considerations).

The LCG Grid Deployment Meeting this week did not resolve the VO Box
question (did you really think that it would!). The next step is to
await evaluations of the current SC3 implementations at the Tier-1s
(including RAL) and for the experiments to feedback on the
questionnaires. I will write a more detailed summary next week. For now,
the experiment presentations attached to the GDB agenda may be of
interest as these try to capture the main motivations:
http://agenda.cern.ch/askArchive.php?base=agenda&categ=a055283&id=a05528
3s0t8/transparencies

Regards,

Jeremy

Dr Jeremy Coles

GridPP Production Manager

CCLRC eScience Department                     Phone: (+44)(0)1235 778256

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory                   Fax: (+44)(0)1235
446626

Chilton, Didcot, Oxon, OX11 0QX, UK          Email: [log in to unmask]