Dear friends,

                                                     Thanks for your most valuable Input,regarding this patient with nail pain,It appears there is no doubt that this is a of Glomus Tumor ,and  as there is no response to chemotherapy we have to look for the answer somewhere else,  First let us consider  Surgery , to remove  something from a small place like nail bed and something that is not seen with eyes and not seen  in X-Rays and MRI or not even felt appears to me a risky task ,If anyone have had experience in removing such tumor before please share it with us.

Dear Krunoslav Margić has defined an interesting approach ,he has a deformed right thumb nail as a result of  old injury ,but he doesn't have any pain in that hand .I  wonder if desentization of this pain could be done by any TENS .transcutanous Electrical Nerve Stimulation ,or IFT I have already started this treatment and patient has  had lesser pain episodes since than.

                        Please let us know what do you think about any further line of management of this patient,

DrSarveshwar Chander Sood
Orthopaedic Surgeon & Head Department of Physical
Medicine & Rehabilitation,
Member American Academy Of Pain Management.
Member North American Spine Society
Member McKenzie International  Institute USA
S.B.L.S.Hospital
812/1,Housing Board Colony
Model Town,Jalandhar city
Punjab State.India
E-mail [log in to unmask]
http://personal.vsnl.com/sarveshwar
"For all the happiness mankind can gain is not in pleasure....but relief from pain."

Dear friends
                Need help in solving this case.A patient 55yrs old complain of pain of short duration sharp pain of  severe intensity in the left thumb nail .Pain is provoked by cold or during passing urine .On examination of cervical spine and upper limb nothing appears abnormal ,All the Blood test X-rays ,MRI is negative ,was treated from last 2yrs with antidepressant ,gabapentin .etc along with NSIADS and analgesic   and local infiltration of steroids with no relief ,Glomus tumor is the diagnosis suggested  ,but no one knows how to treat this case.

DrSarveshwar Chander Sood
Orthopaedic Surgeon & Head Department of Physical
Medicine & Rehabilitation,
Member North American Spine Society
Member American Academy Of Pain Management.
S.B.L.S.Hospital
812/1,Housing Board Colony
Model Town,Jalandhar city
Punjab State.India
E-mail [log in to unmask]
http://personal.vsnl.com/sarveshwar
www.health-india.com\personal\drsood.htm
"For all the happiness mankind can gain is not in pleasure....but relief from pain."