There are a number of detailed articles about the Llanberis Mine in past
Plymouth Caving Group newsletters. As well as the mortar stone, there is
one opencast site which appears as if it might be of early (pre - 18th
Century) age. I have a copy of a Plas Tan y Bwlch paper discussing this,
also correspondence with David Bick about the site, age of the mortar stone
etc. The underground workings are very extensive, as far as I know no old
plans exist; we have continued explorations in recent years (along with
some PUG members) which involves quite technical SRT. Permission for this
was obtained from the CEGB (obviously the site has since changed
ownership). Please contact me direct if you wish further info, or are
planning any other trips to the area.

Alasdair Neill.