>For what it's worth, this is what the revised Butler's Lives of the
>Saints says on the subject:

". . . the author of the Epistle of Jude calls himself the 'brother
of James' and has traditionally been assumed to be St. Jude the
apostle.  Most scholars now regard this as unlikely, since the author
refers to the apostolic times as being in the past (verse 17) and
seems to separate himself from the apostles. . . ."

Phyllis

--
Dr. Phyllis G. Jestice
History Department